Air purifiers are becoming more and more common these days due to severe pollution and contaminants in the air. Especially for people who suffer from allergies or asthma. These wonderful machines also do a great job of reducing the tobacco smoke odors caused by smokers.
In this article, we will be talking about the Winix 5300 Air Purifier, it’s features and also about the latest version of these fabulous machines that winix make.
What is the Winix 5300-2 Air Purifier?
There’s a huge amount of air purifiers available these days, but not all of them live up to their marketing hype. In fact, more than 50% of these machines fail to live up to the CADR standards they report. CADR stands for Clean air delivery rate and it’s a useful measure to determine just how powerful an air purifier is. You can read more about what this term means here.
The Winix 5300-2 is a great air purifier which meets it’s declared CADR rate and does so with a multiple layers of filtering technology that provides more than 90% effectiveness.
Features of the Winix Air Purifier-
- Most air purifiers are small, stand-alone units used for a single room but there are larger units which are used to purify air from the entire floor or building.
- These larger machines are generally found in medical and bioresearch centres. The most common technique used by these purifiers is to emply pressure swing adsorbers or any other different adsorption method.
- The WINIX 5300-2 is the upgraded model of the famous 5300 model. It is designed for use in a single room or basements to filter dust, pet dander, smoke, pollen, organic compounds and bad odors.
- If you are looking for something larger, Winix has other models for that too. The most common place to install this unit is in medium to large living places like kitchens, living room, bedrooms, etc.
- The Winix 5300-2 uses a special three-stage air cleaning solution, with each stage eliminating a different kind of pollutant. It features an odor-reducing filter constructed with carbon, 99.97% True HEPA Filter and special Winix PlasmaWave technology which makes it an ultimate solution for fresh air.
Other than these major components, this model also features a Pre-filter, Light sensor and easy to use control panel with a display.
Once you have installed the air cleaner in your home, you can use it in various modes like Auto mode which automatically enables and disables it whenever it’s smart sensors detect bad air.
You can enable Sleep mode which adjusts it’s operations to minimum fan speeds and smooth operation so that it stays quiet and does the work whilst you sleep. Other than these there is a fully adjustable manual mode which lets you adjust fan speed, filtering options and so on.
I think the Winix 5300-2 is a perfect option for a mid-budget air purifier for medium sized living spaces. It provides good features and does not consume much electricity.
If you would like to read more reviews of the Winix 5300 – we suggest you check out this guide that strives to review practically every air purifier that comes out.